Your bedroom should be the room in your house, above all others, where you are able to kick back, rest and rejuvenate. In effect, it is your personal sanctuary.
Are you looking to transform your bedroom? Bespoke fitted bedrooms specialist Norwood Interiors is offering a helping hand by picking out some of the top bedroom trends that you should be aiming to work into your home over the next few months:
Reclaimed wood is a favourite with eco-conscious homeowners, while also working to bring textural beauty into a bedroom when used as the material of choice for a room’s accent walls.
If you would like to add even more reclaimed wood to your bedroom, the material can be worked to great effect on everything from a custom bed to side tables and ceiling inserts.
In whichever manner you choose to introduce the material into your bedroom, it will seamlessly blend into any style you have going on in the room.
Welcoming a Scandinavian-inspired setting into your bedroom is simple — it’s all about minimal clutter and the use of bare materials in order to present the room with a bright and clean atmosphere.
Need more inspiration? Here’s a few ways to bring Nordic style into your bedroom today:
- Choose a grey and off-white colour palette, along with warm wooden accents.
- Drench your bedroom in plenty of natural light by choosing not to hang curtains.
- Keep floorboards bare.
- Accessorise with lots of indoor plants.
- Opt for clever furniture with hidden compartments which will keep stuff stored out of sight when they aren’t in use.
Painted walls and statement walls have been popular when it comes to bedroom design over the past few years, but it seems as though wallpaper is making a comeback in the decorating world.
Consider the following options if you’re planning to use wallpaper around your bedroom when enhancing the space:
- Opt for understated wallpaper and you’ll be able to add a new pattern to your bedroom without causing too much disturbance to the current colour scheme of the space.
- Go for a vibrant pattern and your bedroom will come alive with the new decoration.
- Choose to wallpaper only the smaller sections of your bedroom when you’re still working out whether this will be the best way to decorate the room.