Romantic Table Decorations Ideas for Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is about to come in less than a month and we thought to offer some ideas in advanced to impress your love ones. A special day like Valentine’s day is the perfect opportunity to express your love, your affection, through a romantic gesture to surprise your partner. You can celebrate Valentine’s day in many possible ways, but I’m sure that everyone at least once thought to organize a special romantic dinner for the two of you. So, in order to create an atmosphere for a memorable meal, nothing should be left to chance. A well-decorated table makes even a simple menu appear special. As you probably know, the symbolic color for Valentine’s Day are red, pink and white.
Please note this when choosing or made your decoration, but you should be creative and incorporate elements that express your love in your own style without overload it, but to keep simple and stylish. Most important symbol that characterizes Valentine’s Day and is present everywhere in this period, is the heart – favorite color is, of course, red. You can make an unforgetable impression by creating eye catching combinations using fresh flowers, mysterious aromatic candles lights, pleasant music, silverware, crystal, rose petals and other delicate and sweet. Because you prepare a romantic dinner for the two of you and you want to create that magical impact, it is very important to do all this keeping also your partner’s choice in mind, doing also what your partner likes.
1. First of all, to enter the magical atmosphere of the day, put a music CD with your favourite songs and start decorating. Cover a small dinner table with a simple, yet elegant tablecloth in a neutral color to make the table look fancy. If you choose red or pink tablecloth, then be aware that the other decorations should not have the same color. Invest in a quality one to use it for special occasions like this one. A smaller table is more intimate and romantic.
2. Set the table with solid-colored dishes; white or red dishes display attractively on a Valentine’s Day-themed table. Avoid using plates with a design that will clash with the theme. Place silverware settings next to each plate.
3. If you are more skilled, you can make various decorations and place handmade name cards on the center of each plate. Lay a short-stemmed rose alongside the card on the plate. Select a rose in pink or red to signify love for Valentine’s Day. Consider placing a small gift on plates instead, wrapped in a small box with solid red or pink paper, writing the name on it.
4. Select napkin holders that are elegant yet simple, for example, a ring of pearls or a thick metal band with a single rhinestone attached. Place napkins in a basket on the table, one at each place setting or in an organized pile on the table.
5. Set the table with wine or champagne glasses, even if the drink will be nonalcoholic. Fill glasses with candy hearts or place a paper cone filled with Valentine’s Day candy in the glasses.
6. Decorate the center of the table with a centerpiece. The centerpiece can be a combination of candles and flowers. Flowers play an important role when it comes to impress especially women. You can put them in a vase or put some of them floating in a glass bowl if you want something special. You may also consider placing a heart wreath made from roses in the center with attractive candlesticks in the center of the wreath or tea-light candles strategically placed in a center line at each side of the wreath. Avoid a centerpiece that divides people or makes it difficult for them to interact across the table.
7. Candles are a very romantic detail that wraps the room in soft light – and an enticing aroma they are scented. They create a sensuous aura, they subtly light up the venue, and they are so versatile that they can be used in unique ways to look gorgeous. Do not be afraid to put candles colored in red, pink, white or lilac fromthe entrance to your dinner table. It is however important not to exaggerate, because you risk load visual space and will not be the desired effect. It’s time to think beyond the ordinary.Enjoy and keep always in mind that less is more!