Most people don’t realize the subjectivity of a website’s design and form when asking questions like: “how much does it cost to create a website?” This is because of a dated concept that website development is a straightforward and linear process.
Photo by form PxHere
The reality couldn’t be more different…
Websites not only exist in several forms based on your objectives but also reflect on what you wish to accomplish with them. Portfolio sites, for instance, draw on heavily from the type of services you offer.
Similarly, the design and layout of eCommerce sites are influenced by your brand and products.
Description: The cost of making a website in 2021 is not uniform.
Alt: Web development and designing costs vary across the board.
Putting a general price on a website is heavily misguided, but there are some ranges.
7 Steps Involved In Website Development
If you’re yearning to hear more about the main question: ‘how much does it cost to make a website,’ you’ll have to wait a bit more.
It is important to understand the process before you put a price on it. That being said, website development involves:
- Convincingly presenting your company’s details.
- Ensuring an unlimited stream of digital content for your site.
- Building a website prototype.
- Designing every aspect of the site to suit perfectly your message/goal.
- Writing the code and testing it repeatedly.
- Ensuring that the site works perfectly.
- Publishing the site.
All of these steps have to be customized according to your preference and objectives, meaning that a generalized price for websites can be misleading, to say the least.
The Cost of Website Creation Is Not Fixed
As for the cost, there are several aspects of the process which may not cost you a single penny, while others will drain your wallet substantially. Here are some examples:
- Your website’s custom design will cost you anywhere between $2,000 and $15,000.
- Setting up your content management system means spending around $2,000 – $25,000.
- Adding an eCommerce store to the mixture will cost an additional $2,000 – $25,000.
- Setting up your site pages (depending on the quantity) will cost around $1,000 and $10,000.
On to the main question, “how much does it cost to build a website?” Well, depending on who you ask to do the work for you (or if you do it yourself), the value may lie somewhere between these ranges:
|Sr. No.||Service Provider||Est. Minimum Total Cost||Est. Maximum Total Cost|
|1||Online Website Builder (Self-Service)||Free||$300|
|3||Website Development Agency||$3,000||$100,000|
Just consider the goal of creating your site when putting a price limit on the project.
As with anything, the more you invest, the more you get, but do make it cost-effective!