This type of arrangement is meant to bring a touch of the past inside the present. Because it means imagination rather than financial resources invested, shabby chic style is perfect for those who want a touch of freshness, a splash of color in their homes. Shabby chic inspired interiors are supposed to look timeless and comfortable. This style blends new and old in an inviting and personal way. It is a romantic way of decorating that looks elegant and charming. Soft, minimalistic, and feminine feel is emphasized to differentiate it from regular vintage design; hence the “chic” in the name.
1. Pale, delicate colors, are ideal choices for creating a shabby decor. Get inspired by nature and insert tones of pale blue, pink, lime, lilac and yellow. Cream and white media are perfect for those dirty pastel shades.
2. Regarding the array windows, opt for lacy material, veils and tulles. To get that touch of intimacy, choose opaque curtains, colored in the same tones above. If the location allows you to leave the window uncovered, then enclose it in classic-looking delicate materials. Floral prints on a cream background will become the center of interest.
3. Regarding textiles that you can use in your bedroom, you can go on outdated version. A rustic rug will give a touch of originality to bed. Also, you can place nicely on the handle of a chair. Smaller pieces of material can be framed and hung on the wall.
4. Textiles, so popular in the 1940s and 1950s, can become true works of art if you place them on the bed or make covers for decorative pillows. As well, they can be turned into tablecloths. Pearl tassels detail will delight.
5. Shabby chic style also allows you to use different objects, even if they do not match in style, texture or color terms. For example, Chinese porcelain used by grandmother, even if not complete, will look great in such an interior design.
6. If you have the chance to buy plates and cups by flea fairs, not kicking them, they will be details that will complete perfectly your environment.
7. Containers bearing the imprint of time you really need to flaunt them with fresh flowers. The same idea is true when you talk about a framed picture of an antique frame. Get inspired and tell us what do you think about this interior design style.