Concrete gutters have been in use since 1950.
Therefore, many houses have a finlock gutter system, but many owners do not realise until it is too late. Keeping finlock gutters intact requires a lot of time and maintenance to make sure they stay in working condition.
Finlock gutter lining or concrete gutter lining is a cheaper substitute to extend the life of your current finlock gutter. Finlock lining is done by a specialist, who will add gutter lining across your existing guttering system. By doing this your gutter will become cleaner and water-resistant.
Finlock gutters biggest problems are to do with water. When the gutters encounter water, this causes cold bridging which makes the water freeze. This can then harm or even break the gutters and causes dampness to form onto the walls. It is no doubt many people choose to line their gutters as replacing them will rack up an expensive bill.
That is why lining your gutters with a waterproof material made bespoke for you. This will then provide a cheaper alternative than getting a full gutter replacement.
How to line your gutter…
1. Remove any existing debris in gutters and drains.
2. Take away other gutter linings if there any
3. Add new gutter lining
4. Make sure to add weatherproof tape to ensure the gutter is watertight.
How to know you need to reline your gutter
The most common way of knowing whether to get your gutters relined is water damage. Countless finlock gutters fail due to water damage because the water stays in the pipes for a long-time causing puddling over an extended period. The gutters then begin to keep the water in their system which eventually damages the gutter. Poorly maintained guttering, over time begins to cause dampness and mould which will appear on your walls.
Concrete guttering done by unprofessional can affect your gutters. This causes the gutters to sag; this means the windows may become harder to open gutters.
During winter months concrete gutters worsen especially without any lining implemented.
· Harsher weather conditions can damage your gutters significantly, especially rain.
· Debris can attract animals. Birds, squirrels, wasps, and bees are known for building nests in gutters.
· Your roof may leak due to clogged guttering
· Your drains are most likely to get clogged up by leaves and debris
· If your drains are blocked this can cause your gutters to break tear away
· Clogged gutters can attract water around your home. This can affect your home’s foundation, which over time can lead to erosion and broken walls.
How much does it cost to add finlock lining?
Prices on concrete gutter linings vary, this depends on how much work is needed and if your gutter system has any faults in it already.