Who’s going on holiday trip in Barcelona? If after a thorough research of the wonderful places in Europe where you can spend your vacation this year, you’ve finally decided to choose Barcelona, know that you will not regret at all.
Barcelona, the vibrant capital of Catalunya, is nowadays among aspirants to the title glory in areas such as business, drama, food and design. By exploring the many inflections of the Barcelona’s spirit of the XXI century, you will reveal a lot of interesting buildings, most of them famous landmarks, both historical and contemporary, in an inspired mix of styles. By the way, Spain is renowned worldwide for both its architecture and architects. Spanish architecture is famous due to its geographical and historical diversity, and today Spain is proud to have the second largest number of World Heritage sites in the world after Italy. Iberian architecture impresses by this variety of styles where modern coexist with the old, the illustrious in a very inspirational way.
There are amazingly many things to engoy in Barcelona and many buildings and places are unique sites, so it’s worth every moment spent in this beautiful city. Here we gathered for you 20 unique sights worth seeing in Barcelona. You should not under any circumstances forget to visit them.
1. Sagrada Familia
2. The cathedral (La Seu)
3. FC Barcelona museum & Camp Nou stadium
4. The neighborhoods La Ribera and El Born
5. The Gothic Church Santa Marίa del Mar
6. Montjuïc hill and The Spanish Village (Poble Espanyol de Montjuïc)
7. The Magic Fountain of Montjuïc
8. Palau Güell
9. La Pedrera (Casa Mila)
10. The Museum of Contemporary Art in Barcelona
11. Picasso Museum
12. National Museum of Art of Catalunya
13. La Rambla – Barcelona’s most famous walking street
14. Barrio Gotico – Gothic quarter of Barcelona’s medieval city
15. Tibadabo hill, Sagrat Cor church & Tibidabo amusement park
16. Casa Batlló
17. The Monastery of Pedralbes
18. The concert hall Palau de la Música Catalana
19. The Gran Teatre del Liceu- one of the most important opera houses in Europe
20. Torre Agbar -the 142 m tall office tower is Barcelona’s latest attraction