Our surroundings surely help to deal with the mind.
Photo by Arnel Hasanovic on Unsplash
Most of the students complain that they do not focus while studying and distract by some random stuff. Moreover, they get bored and tired in less time. The reason is you didn’t arrange your study room properly that’s why you didn’t concentrate and became sleepy every time. With this peachyessay guide, you’ll surely learn the seven ways to arrange your study room like a professional interior designer. That increases its beauty and motivates you to go to study without getting bored or distracted.
How Should Our Study Room be?
The study room is where students can spend their quarter or half of the day. It should be calm and relaxing with positive vibes that satisfy you while studying.
Tips for Arranging your Study Room
Whether you are a high school or college student, you need a high concentration level while studying that you can only get in a well-arranged study room. The few described things will surely help you to arrange your study room. Let’s get a start;
- Decorate the walls
When you decide to arrange your study room perfectly, wall paint should be an important point that most people ignore. Try to use light pale colours to make your room bigger and spread positivity. While dark colours not only becomes the room dull and small also reflect the light that is quite disturbing while studying. Moreover, you can make wall art in your study room’s wall according to your interest. The next thing is that you can decorate the study room wall by placing some pictures, sticky notes or maps and gives your study room a great effect.
Things you need to remember while decorating a wall are;
- The yellow and grey combination is ideal for the study room.
- Wall decoration with sticky notes and maps also positively affect your study room.
- Apply motivational quotes, pictures or hangings to increase your spirit.
- Add some quality furniture
Your study room should be comfortable to get productivity and focus. For this purpose, the furniture of your study rooms means a lot. Purchase a desk and chair on which you can sit comfortably for a long time. If you are not satisfied sitting on a chair, you can use a couch or lay down chair instead of the simple one. Next are the storage drawers and boxes that are also included in furniture. Storage drawers are also an important thing in which you can store all of your needed stuff relevant to study.
Things you need to check while purchasing furniture are;
- The material should be high quality.
- The chair must be comfortable to sit in for a long time.
- The desk should be big enough to place all the stuff.
- The interaction between chair and desk is according to your height.
- Storage drawers should be deep enough to locate all your books, notebooks and accessories.
- Bright light
The study room must be bright enough to become active. Bright light not only gives you ease while studying but also help your mind to stay active. While arranging your study room, you should use bright white light instead of yellow because yellow light becomes dull and places a sleepy effect at night.
Things you need to remember while lightning your study room are;
- Bulbs should be located on the study table.
- One portable table bulb should be placed on the desk.
- No to multi colours lights in the study room.
- Only white lights should be used.
- Curtains, rugs or carpet
If you have a window in your study room, you just need a curtain to cover it. Sometimes, you don’t want extra light or noise coming from the outside or any distraction so that you can cover the window with a curtain. You should choose a dark colour curtain if the walls are painted with light colour. Moreover, you should not use full flooring carpet as it will make it difficult to drag out the chair repeatedly. Instead, you can use the small rugs to cover the area you want.
The thing you need to remember while covering window or floor are;
- The fabric of the curtain should be heavy.
- The rug or carpet must be soft.
- Rugs are preferable in light colours.
- Place a calendar and scheduled diary
Place a desk calendar on your table. It’ll give you an idea of how much time you left in your finals and force you to study hard. You can mark the important upcoming schedule dates, assignments, quizzes, and exam dates with this. Students also need to take a scheduled diary with them in their study room on which they can write the daily important study points important tasks and limit time to get done the target.
The things you need to know while working on the calendar;
- Purchase both calendar and dairy in medium size.
- Use multi highlighters to point out the things on the calendar.
- It’ll also be easy to read.
- Maintain cleanness
Messy things can make you irritated and distract your mind. That’s why you should need to clean your study room before and after study. Researches also prove that students can read much concentrate without wasting any time in a clean study area compared to the dirty one. You can also place a room-sized dustbin in your study room and throw the garbage there.
The things you need to know for maintaining cleanness is;
- Don’t open all the books at once.
- Throw the useless thing in the bin.
- Place the bin near your study table so that you don’t have to get up again and again just for throwing waste.
- Make folders
Separate the folders according to your subjects and place them in any storage cabinet. If you have three subjects, you can distinguish them with colour folders and place your notes in them for later use. Also, you can highlight on scheduled diary with the same colour highlighter to make it easy to find.
The things you need to remember while making folders are;
- Folders should have plain.
- Please place it in storage drawers and cabinets.
- It’ll be easy to find what you are looking for according to your subject.
So, these are the few things that will surely help you to arrange your study room in an efficient manner and you can study without getting distract or bore for a long time.