Drinking fruit juices can prove to be delicious and healthy for your human body, but when it comes to your rugs & carpets, they can be hazardous.
In case you’ve accidentally stained your carpet or rug with fruit juice, then you have to seriously treat the stains as fast as you can because the longer you decide to wait, the faster the fruit juice molecules will get ingrained into the fibres of your carpets & rugs. As a result, it will get more challenging to clean your rugs & carpets.
Unless you want the aforementioned scenario to take place, it’s always a better choice to take the necessary steps beforehand, so that you can eliminate the stains as fast as you can. Therefore, in this comprehensive blog post, we’ll be taking a deeper look into the ways through which you can efficiently remove fruit stains from your carpets & rugs.
Procedure To Eliminate Fruit Juice Stains From Your Rugs & Carpets
Eliminating The Excess Fruit Juice
- According to a professional service provider for carpet cleaning in Hamilton, the first step that you need to take is to use a paper towel for the blotting task. You need to start the blotting process as soon as you notice the fruit juice spill on your carpet or rug. All you need to do is simply press your paper towel over the affected area of your carpet or rug.
The paper towel will absorb the excess juice. Continue with the blotting process using a new paper towel until and unless you see no fruit juice on your paper towel.
You can also use a white cloth instead of a paper towel. Moreover, in case the amount of spilt juice is more, then we suggest using a wet vacuum before blotting.
- Once you’re done with the blotting process, it’s time to spray the affected area with simple, cold water. Use small amounts of water to simply moisten the area. Make sure that you use distilled or packaged water to avoid further staining due to water impurities.
- After moistening the area with distilled water, you have to use fresh paper towels to again blot the area.
- To start the treatment process, you have to first create a cleaning solution for the same. For the cleaning solution, you need to mix one tablespoon of dishwashing liquid along with two cups of warm water. The dishwashing liquid should have no bleach.
- Once you’ve created the perfect cleaning solution, it’s time to apply the same to the stained area and start blotting with a paper towel. You can use a white sponge for the blotting process as well. Continue blotting until the excess cleaning solution has been eliminated.
- Since you’ll not be able to remove the fruit stains with just a single application of the cleaning solution, continue with the process until the fruit juice stain has been removed. The number of applications will depend on the type of juice as well as the overall time for which the juice stain has been set into the carpet or rug fibres.
- When you notice that the fruit juice stain has been removed, it’s time to eliminate any excess cleaning solution mixture still lingering inside the fibres of the rug or carpet. Thus, proceed to spray some water over the affected area and then blot the same using a clean paper towel. Repeat the process until you’re satisfied with the results.
- Finally, it’s time to cover the affected area with some new paper towels, so that any additional moisture gets absorbed into the same. Furthermore, it will also help the stained area to dry faster.
Pro Tip:For stubborn fruit juice stains, you can use a very small amount of hydrogen peroxide on the affected area.