No matter the climate, industrial HVLS fans are a great option to help with cooling and heating your commercial warehouse or commercial facility.
Providing a comfortable environment for customers and employees not only gives a caring atmosphere but also increases productivity. With proper airflow, industrial fans can keep even the coldest temperatures from reaching your employees while simultaneously reducing humidity levels inside of the building. The result is a safer, more productive working environment.
Industry-specific industrial HVLS fans come in a wide range of styles and finishes. You will find that some of the most popular styles include desk fans, tabletop fans, floor fans, and boat fans. You will also notice that they are available in many different sizes to match the specific size and shape of your specific industrial space. These fans can also be found in several different power options such as gasoline, electricity, or propane.
Industrial HVLS Fan Features to Consider
- Desk fans, tabletop fans, and floor fans can provide the perfect cooling temperature for your office. The tabletop industrial HVLS fans have high volume fans mounted on the top of the ceiling or the table, while the floor fans are placed underneath tables or desks. The boat fan style provides the ultimate in high volume, low noise cooling.
- Another great feature of industrial HVLS fans is their ability to provide a seven-degree reduction in indoor air temperatures. This seven-degree reduction is accomplished by reducing the airflow through vents and ducts. The result is significantly reduced temperatures in the spaces that the fans open. If you want to cool your warehouse or work area, this seven-degree reduction in temperature is a huge benefit. In addition, by using less energy to operate these fans, the amount of CO2 emissions released into the atmosphere is also reduced. Less energy means fewer fossil fuels are being burned which contributes to a cleaner atmosphere.
- If your warehouse is subjected to a significant amount of outdoor heat then industrial fans will help reduce the temperature inside of your facility by allowing a greater degree of airflow. These fans also provide an improved level of safety because of the increased airflow. The increased airflow creates a cooler environment which reduces the degree of risk associated with employees being heat exposed. Some fans provide an automatic degree reduction function that automatically adjusts the fan’s degree to keep warehouses at a consistent, comfortable temperature level.
- Another feature to consider when purchasing an industrial fan is its power consumption. Fans typically require a minimum electrical rating of 600 volts. This voltage requirement often exceeds the electrical power supply available in your building so it is necessary to make sure your fan will work with the power supply you currently have available. Most fans will run quiet but it is important to ensure they are powerful enough to actually pull down the ceiling in which they will be used. Fan blade designs will also impact energy consumption.
- When purchasing an industrial fan, one of the most important factors to consider is the q factor. The ‘q factor’ measures the ratio of airflow to airflow. If the fan’s q factor is too low it results in less than ideal cooling which results in lower airspeeds and a reduction in circulating air. High airflow fans result in better cooling because of the fact that there is more air circulation. If you suffer from winter chill then you are sure to benefit from the increased airflow created by high-quality industrial cooling fans.
The Bottom Line
When looking for large HVLS industrial ceiling fans, you will come across several different models available at Refresh Fans HVLS Canada. Some are double reciprocating and some are single reciprocating. There are also a number of different configurations available including speed selections ranging from small to large and fan blade choices. Some industrial fan blades are made from a material known as azurite while others are made from an alloy of iron or aluminum. The choice to use either of these materials is entirely up to you and the specific requirements of your warehouse and business environment.