A new study has revealed Weddings and Couples to be the most popular scrapbook themes in the United States.
Researchers from scrapbook design provider Design Bundles analysed the average number of internet searches for different scrapbook themes in the US over a period of three months between October and December 2021.
US scrapbookers clearly value love and intimacy in their designs as both Couples and Wedding themed scrapbooks came top of the list with an average of 1,900 searches per month for the three months of the study. Creating scrapbooks of a relationship or a marriage is a fantastic way to memorialise your love and to relive and share your special memories in the years to come.
In second place on the list of the top 10 most popular scrapbook ideas in the US was Baby scrapbooks. Baby scrapbooks had an average of 1,600 per month between October and December 2021. Baby scrapbooks are a great way of keeping a record of all the milestones that take place during infancy. From first words to first birthdays, a lot happens in the first few months of a child’s life and a scrapbook ensures you will never forget a moment of it!
Travel themed scrapbooks came third on the list with an average of 1,300 searches per month. We tend to take a lot of pictures when we go abroad or on domestic trips and making a scrapbook of your journey is a fun alternative to simply uploading the photos to your social media account.
In fourth place on the list of most popular themes for scrapbooks was DIY, which had an average of 1,000 searches per month in the US. This particular scrapbook design is perhaps a surprising entry on the list but it would seem that many American residents are compiling their best memories of “do it yourself” home fixes.
Disney themed scrapbooks were in fifth place with an average of 720 searches per month for three months. Disney has created so many beloved characters and films over the last century that is hardly surprising that people, especially younger people, would create scrapbooks to pay homage to their favourites.
In sixth place were Best Friend themed scrapbooks. This theme had an average of 590 searches per month and is another testament to the sentimental value of scrapbooking. If a close friend of yours is due to leave for a new school, college, or job, creating a scrapbook of your entirely unique friendship is a fun way to send them off.
In joint seventh place were Anniversary and Pregnancy themed scrapbooks, which each had an average of 480 searches per month in the US. These two themes are yet another example of scrapbooks being a perfect artistic form to celebrate and memorialise love and intimacy.
The final spot on the list of the most popular scrapbook ideas in the US was taken by Christmas themed scrapbooks. Christmas scrapbooks saw an average of 390 searches per month between October and December 2021. Christmas celebrations are a wonderful theme as so many happy faces and fond memories make for an excellent scrapbook.
Top 10 scrapbook ideas in the US
|Scrapbook theme||Average number of searches between October and December 2021||Rank|
Source – Design Bundles
What is scrapbooking?
Scrapbooking is a fun and simple craft that is used by people all over the world to preserve fond memories of happy occasions. Scrapbooks might contain photographs, drawings, poems, bits of writing, cut-outs, or just about anything you can think of. Scrapbooks are both fun and functional as they can be used as homemade photo albums as well as an enjoyable creative project.
Scrapbooks are also popular because they can be done collectively with a partner, friend, or child, and you can all share your own writings and memories that go alongside the pictures. Some of the best scrapbook ideas are done over a long period of time and involve multiple people.
Scrapbooking can also be done digitally using your laptop, phone, or tablet. You can upload photos, do online drawings, and paste poems or messages to create your very own digital scrapbook. Digital scrapbooks are a great way of sharing your ideas with many people and ensuring you have your scrapbook to hand whenever you may need it.
What do you need to create a scrapbook?
When it comes to scrapbooking anything goes. There are many different scrapbook layouts and styles, but there are some basics you will need to create a scrapbook that is worth keeping hold of.
So let’s take a look at some of the scrapbooking supplies you will need.
- An empty book. Of course, the most important component of a scrapbook is the book itself. You can choose a book with a cover that has a predesigned image on the front or one with a blank cover that you can write on. Either way, make sure the front of the book captures the heart of your memories and that the pages inside are blank!
- Multi-coloured pens. Use different coloured pens to fill the entire scrapbook with messages, memories, and poems. The multiple colours will bring the book to life and you can even colour code based on themes or any other category you like.
- Photographs. Photos are the heart of most scrapbooks. They capture the individual moments of the scrapbook and are an integral part of preserving the happy memories of the occasion. You don’t need to use a photograph on every scrapbook page, just choose a selection of the very best.
- Scissors. With so much to cut out for your scrapbook, you will certainly need some paper scissors.
- Glue. It hardly needs explaining why glue is needed! But use it sparingly so as not to damage the scrapbook paper you stick your cut-outs to.
- Decorations. You can have fun with your decorations. They can be sequins, stickers, pieces of material, or even things that are associated with the memories of the scrapbook. Whatever you think is going to add colour and life to your scrapbook, use it and we’re sure it will be great!