Proper breathing is essential for a good life. The amount of pollutants present in the climate degrades the quality of air. This results in breathing problems and allergies. There are many people who are by birth asthmatic or eventually get asthma for poor air quality. All you
With rapid industrial growth air quality is under questionable state. People who have asthma are more prone to air allergies. Now with growing technology, we find different air purifiers in the market.
Using the best air purifiers will help in creating a healthy, clean atmosphere in your home and office.
Here are a few aspects that need evaluation.
- What is the need for an air purifier
- What size will be perfect for you
- Features of the air purifier
- Where to locate the air purifier
- Maintenance aspect
Need for an air purifier
An air purifier helps in getting rid of air contaminants. It is the best way to cleansing the atmosphere from dust and pollen.
Specific needs for having an air purifier:
- If you or anyone in your family has symptoms of asthma or gets triggered by chemical pollutants. Then consider getting an asthma purifier or chemical air purifier. These air cleaners have features like chemical filtration and HEPA filters for removing allergy-triggered pollutants.
- Many people are troubled because of smoky surroundings. They find difficulty in breathing. Smoke air purifiers are designed to absorb fume, fireplace smut, and other dangerous gas.
- If you don’t have ammunition against allergies, then you should go for air purifiers that are designed with multi-layers and also consist of HEPA filters to remove pollen and allergens.
- People suffering from multiple chemical sensitivities must go for models that have chemical filtration and odor-free features. These models are created with materials that do not produce chemical pollutants.
Size of the air purifier
Size does matter when we talk about air purifiers. The format is directly proportionate to the amount of purified air. Air contaminants hamper your overall health. Healthy food won’t matter until or unless you are not breathing well.
If you are allergic to chemicals or having breathing issues, then look for purifiers that high air change hour rate. AWH is crucial because it determines the cycle of air purification in a particular area.
The best air purifiers forasthmatic patients are the one which has a high AWH rate and can at least purify a space at four times an hour rate.
It helps in getting rid of microscopic contaminants.
According to space in the square foot, here are four types of air purifiers.
- Small purifiers are designed to clean air up to 299 sq ft.
- Medium size air purifiers purify the air up to 300 to 699 sq ft.
- Large air purifiers purify air between 700 to 1,900 sq ft.
- For the whole house, you will need a whole-house model.
Type and size matters, but the feature is also an essential aspect of getting the best air purifier.
- Look for appliances that are Energy Star rated by EPA. This will help in less power consumption and will conserve electricity.
- Get a purifier that provides air quality indicators. They will give the original standard of the air.
- Technology gets enhanced with every passing day. A smart purifier that can be operated by your smartphone is a very great option.
- There are more features like multiple fan speeds, mobility, remote controls, multi-layer filter, and caster wheels.
Location of air purifier
It is recommended to locate the air purifier in the place where you spend your most time. The air cleaner helps in achieving a high air change hour rate.
Always remember portable air purifiers are meant to purify a single room. For extra rooms, you need more air purifiers.
Nowadays, whole-house purifiers are trending and are widely used by people. It purifies the whole house, including all rooms.
These gadgets use your home’s HVAC system and purify the air while you cool, heat, and ventilate the house.
How much Maintenance do this needs
The real maintenance that an air purifier needs is replacing air filters within a said period. Different filters have different time of replacement.
- Pre-filters: these kinds of filters last for three months, but some of them can be washed and can be cleaned in the long run.
- HEPA filters mostly last for one year, depending on the usage. Certain brands do guarantee up to 5 years.
- Carbon filters are the most common filters used in air purifiers. These filters last for at least six months and need to change within this time.
Some of the best air purifiers use ultraviolet rays and heat to kill germs and contaminants in the air. These air purifiers do not need filter replacements.
One can steal a deal while buying a purifier by keeping the aforementioned vital points in mind.
Always go for a purifier that is suitable as per the size and space.