Selling your home can be a very stressful situation, particularly when you really want to make the most out of the sale.
This is very normal for many homeowners, as you’ll want to profit from your real estate. After all, you probably know that real estate is always a good investment, with prices that are usually appreciating. There’s also the need to have enough money to start over again—particularly if you’re selling to move.
However, this is often easier said than done. Especially during challenging times, many potential buyers will be apprehensive about expensive homes. Like you, they’re also looking for the best deals. This, to them, means the lowest price.
So, how do you create this striking balance between the two opposite ends?
Here are some insightful tricks of the trade to ensure that you get top dollar for selling your home:
- Give Your Home An Aggressive Price
One of the best tips you can apply to sell your house for top dollar is to price it aggressively. This means taking into consideration the current market value of your home, and putting on top of this price a reasonable profit.
Don’t price too low, as you should expect that there’ll be a lot of haggling. If you already started low, then you’ll have no choice but to lower the price even more.
A very powerful technique you can apply to ensure that you’re pricing your home accurately is to go around and look at some competitor’s houses. Study how these houses are priced, and what’s the closing price on them, so you have an idea.
Here are other tips you can apply to price your home aggressively:
- Compare your house to those within your area that were constructed at around the same year and have quite identical square footage;
- Learn from other sellers’ mistakes, by going through expired listings within your area;
- Call listing agents and appraisers for professional advice on what could be the best possible price for your home.
- Sell To Cash Buyers
There are companies today usually referred to as “As-Is Home Buyers”. As their name suggests, companies like Avante Home Buyers purchase your home as it is.
While selling your home in this manner may not always guarantee a top dollar price, this is the best recourse for those homeowners with aged houses or those that look as if they’re falling apart, or at least in dire need of repairs.
In these types of situations, there’s no way that you can get a good deal if you put it up on listings. These kinds of homes are often considered as undesirable, compared to other better and newer houses.
Selling to cash buyers can guarantee you top dollar price, given the condition of your home. These companies are quite generous and realistic about their offer. Hence, right there and then, you’re able to dispose of your home, when no other potential buyer would take it in.
Selling to these companies bring about many advantages such as:
- If you need to sell your home fast, this is also the best recourse as you’ll immediately be paid in full and in cash.
- You don’t need to spend for repairs to make your home more sale-worthy, if you don’t have the time and money to cover for these repairs.
- Chances of delays and failed sales are lower.
- De-Clutter Your Home
There’s no way for you to convince potential buyers of a good deal on your home if it’s filled with clutter. No matter how well designed or modern it is, it won’t look special. All the details that’ll make your home stand out will only get drowned in the clutter.
So, before you even put up your home on listings, take the time to declutter. This is also known as organizing to move. That way, whenever potential buyers walk in your home, they’re able to appreciate all the strengths your home has. You can convince them better of a profitable deal on your home.
To help you declutter, here are some tips that could come in handy:
- Start early. Procrastinating won’t get you anywhere. Once you’ve decided to sell your home, that should also be the starting point of your move to declutter. The earlier you start, the less stressful this process will be. Most importantly, it’ll enable you to clear up as much as you can.
- If you’re a keeper, ask for help. There are people who don’t have a problem letting go of things. But there are also those keepers who might think that everything they own is still useful and sentimental. If you belong to this last group of people, then it’s better for you to seek the help of expert cleaners, or even from friends. This can give you a whole new perspective on what you should – and shouldn’t keep.
- Let go of unused anything. If there’s any tip to simplify the decluttering process that’ll work for everyone, it’s this. Let go of anything you haven’t used the past year.
- Stage Your Home
Imagine yourself walking through the showroom of a home goods store. The items for sale are staged so well, it’s as if you want to buy everything. You should strive to create this same feeling for your own home. Stage it so that whenever potential buyers come in your home, they immediately feel like your home is the perfect choice—and that the price is worth it.
Here are some home staging essentials you need to learn:
- Start with the curb appeal. First impressions are lasting, and you’ll want to strike a positive first impression with potential buyers. A perfect curb will entice potential buyers to walk inside your home. More importantly, it’s one of the home improvements that can increase your home’s value.
- Add a functional office space. As of this writing, working from home is still the norm. If this is still the case when sell your home, you’ll want to ensure that there’s a functional office space. Homebuyers will be grateful for one.
- Depersonalize. When you stage your home, make sure you’ve already removed any personal items. These include your family photos and other memorabilia. Doing so gives room for potential buyers to imagine how they’ll place their own personal items, which can help to heighten their excitement about choosing your home.
Given these trying times, it can be extra challenging to sell your home. Because you’re letting go of one of your biggest assets, you’ll want to ensure that you’re getting the best possible deal. Fortunately, there are ways for you to still earn top dollar for your house, even in this kind of real estate market. The tips above are a good place to start. These are tried and tested and will help make sure that you end up happy with the deal you get from letting go of your house.