Luxury vinyl plank (LVP) flooring is the fastest growing product in the flooring industry. With a variety of different styles and excellent durability, LVP flooring can fit just about any home – and any budget. In this article, we’ll explore a few of the reasons why luxury vinyl plank flooring has become a go-to option for home renovators, including its cost-saving practicality, its variety of great looks, and its relatively easy upkeep.
One of the main reasons why luxury vinyl plank flooring has taken the building and home improvement worlds by storm is its sheer practicality. When it comes to price and durability, LVP delivers.
- Cost-saver: LVP flooring offers the look and aesthetic of real wood, without the high cost.
- Long-lasting: Made up of several distinct, protective layers, LVP flooring was built to withstand scuffs, scratches and anything else that might get thrown at it.
- User-friendly: LVP flooring is easy to install. So not only is it a cost-saver, it’s also a big time-saver. It can float, be glued down or snapped together using basic hand tools.
Real Wood Look
Another one of the best parts about luxury vinyl plank flooring is that it offers the look of real wood in many different designs and styles. So it’s easy on the eyes, and on your wallet.
- A reclaimed or vintage wood look has become one of the biggest trends in LVP flooring. These can recreate the look of whitewashed or driftwood pale boards for a more rustic and cozy feel.
- Several different types of finishes are available, including soft matte finish or brighter, reflective oil finish, which helps LVP flooring fit seamlessly into almost any type of room.
- If you’re looking for something a little different than the look of wood, LVP flooring also offers other options, including stone and abstract patterns. Get as creative as you like!
The Low-Down on the Upkeep
Luxury vinyl plank flooring is a lot easier to clean and maintain than many other types of flooring. So you can spend a lot more time on your feet than on your hands and knees!
- LVP’s outer layer is water-resistant, which makes it easier to clean and longer-lasting than other types of flooring. On top of scuffs and scratches, spills and stains also don’t stand a chance.
- All that’s required to keep LVP flooring clean is regular sweeping and mopping, as opposed to the waxing and sealing that other types of flooring might require. Water mixed with a little apple cider vinegar can be a great way to remove dirt and grime without leaving any residue behind.
Embrace The Luxury
Between the low cost, the many design options, the durability and the easy maintenance, it’s not hard to see why the popularity of luxury vinyl plank flooring has skyrocketed. If you’re looking for a flooring option that looks great without breaking the bank, LVP flooring just might be for you.