In this world where everything can be done using smartphones and mobile applications, businesses are also expanding their operations by using mobile applications. Hence it becomes essential to make the mobile application completely free from any issues or errors. The application needs to be user-friendly to attract more customers and retain them as well.
Retaining customers? Why is this important? You might think once the customer has purchased a product/ performed a service on the mobile app, he might continue to do it for a lifetime, but that is not true in real life! According to a report in 2019, Over 25% of users delete an app after using it once and they never install it back. This implies that all the time, efforts, and money spent on developing the app were in vain. To overcome this there must be more time spent on Mobile Testing. Mobile automation testing can help us in achieving this shorter period and thus increasing users for the app and retaining them.
What is Mobile Automation Testing?
Every mobile app designed for handheld devices is reviewed for different app features, which is the key process involved in mobile application development. These factors include the app’s loading time, user interface, functionality, usability, accessibility, security, and performance across multiple browsers, operating systems, and mobile devices.
In general, mobile app testing is carried out using a range of mobile automation testing methods to ensure that the applications are bug-free and perform well under various load conditions. Mobile automation testing is a form of mobile app testing that uses mobile automation testing tools.
Why Should Businesses Focus on Mobile Test Automation?
With millions of mobile apps available today, consumer ratings and feedback play an important role in determining whether a potential user will download a mobile app or not. As a result, it is critical that mobile app automation testing be undertaken during the development process of the app itself to ensure that the app is thoroughly tested using appropriate mobile automation testing methods and tools. To ensure flawless application, various automation tools are used for mobile testing.
Business should focus on Mobile Automation Testing for the following reasons:
- Performance of the Application: In this, the apps’ performance criterias’ are measured, like operational workloads, responsiveness, memory management, and its performance with varying loads of users
- Functionality: Mobile app functionality testing ensures that the app works as expected according to the design document’s specifications.
- Security: Data integrity, storage protection problems, the importance of any tainted inputs, and the security of activity logs are all checked.
- Usability: App usability testing is critical because consumers want mobile applications with excellent usability. As a result, the business should ensure that their application ensures users complete the intended tasks.
- Accessibility: It is a requirement that apps be open to people with disabilities to ensure that they can use them easily. To ensure uniform accessibility for all users, such accessibility norms and regulations must be followed. As a result, usability test automation for mobile apps should be pursued.
- Working effectively across Browser, Device, and OS: Mobile test automation using various test automation techniques and tools is used to ensure that the applications perform well across a variety of browsers, operating systems, and mobile devices, ensuring that they are accessible to a wide range of users.
- Cost-effectiveness: It also enhances cost efficiency and a faster return on investment with flawless mobile applications. As a result, companies should use mobile test automation software to ensure that their applications are working well.
Increased test efficiency, greater test coverage, and quicker ROI are also few reasons which force businesses to focus on mobile automation testing.
Few advantages that could be attained through Mobile App Automation Testing:
- Ready-made solutions: Mobile Automation Testing has many ready-made solutions which can help in saving time and effort.
- Structured process: Generally, there is a structured process that helps in avoiding many frequently made mistakes as well as checking for other test cases as well.
- Parallel Testing: This automated testing can be done in parallel helping in achieving faster feedback and speeding the process of testing the application.
- Reducing Human Involvement reduces human-prone errors.
- Since the testing process is automated, It helps in faster development of the application and it results in faster delivery time.
- App Automation testing allows us to write automated tests by ourselves, which then can be run any number of times quickly.
- Mobile Automation Testing helps us in finding reasons when our app fails to run under certain test conditions.
Conclusion: Mobile applications are also the primary means of facilitating business for all companies today. While there are millions of mobile apps available, users prefer those that load easily, have a positive user experience, work flawlessly under varying loads, and have security features that outlast the competition. However, for mobile apps to work well and have a better user experience, companies must use mobile test automation services provided by next-generation testing services. These service providers adhere to mobile test automation best practices and policies to ensure that their mobile apps have a positive user experience, ensuring that they gain a significant amount of exposure and gain more customers.