Children love to be kept in a lively atmosphere. To make their bedrooms livelier and more attractive for them, you have to think creatively, because young ones always catch flaws very quickly. They’re way too choosy and moody about their stuff, so make sure you’re well aware of their choices, wants, and needs, before you start off with a project. Even if you want to give them a surprise, be sure to know the type of surprise they’d like, because you never know how rapidly their minds can change. Here are a few tips that you can work on, of course with your child’s permission, to decorate kid’s furnishings and make his/her bedroom furniture look more adorable.
1. Themed furnishings: It is going to be quite costly to get a bed frame designed in a shape that reflects your child’s favourite superhero, or their favourite cartoon character. What you can do instead is that on the backrest of the bed, create a wooden frame that is shaped and painted in a manner that reflects their favourite character’s face, symbol, or theme. Get the bed’s frame painted with the colour that reflects the same theme. Get themed wallpaper and place it on the wall. Add up some posters or stickers that can be placed on walls, doors, and mirrors. Get their chairs and tables with a similar colour combination. If your child is into cartoons and movies, he/she will definitely love this!
2. Paint it up: Children often do not appreciate single-colour wooden, plastic, or metallic furniture. They want something more colourful, so fulfil their wish and add an adorable touch to their furniture. Grab a paintbrush, some paints in varying colours, and get on with the demands of your little one. There’s one thing you should keep in mind: they do not like single colours. So, add a few secondary colour patterns in every piece of furniture of theirs which you paint, whether it may be their closets, their drawers, their chairs, their shelves, their tables, or even their bed!
3. Complement with painted shapes and patterns: Paint your child’s furniture with striped colours, polka dots, or mosaic patterns. They love touches of innovation, so they’ll admire such ideas for sure!
4. Go for teeny tiny: The smaller it is, the more cute it will be, so whenever you get chairs or tables for your little one, make sure you get it for their present and not for their future. Kids love small things because they’re easily usable for them and can be managed easily.
5. Sheets and covers: Let them choose their bed sheets, pillow covers, and couch coverings by themselves. You might not agree with the childish choices they make, but let them have it their way, because if they like it, they’ll enjoy it.
This was all about how to decorate kid’s bed furnishings. Kids know how to make their choices. Of course you have to guide them on each and every step they take; you should still give them some liberty as long as they are doing the right thing. What could possibly get wrong about a child decorating his/her own bedroom?
Maya is a famous interior designer and is working for an event management company. The lady is very creative and talented and her innovative ideas are very much admired and appreciated in the industry. Maya also owns a furniture store in the UK and is planning to expand her business to other countries too.